Monday, September 29, 2008

I PR'd!

So I PR'd, I'm so happy, my time was 4:11:49 with pace of 9:37, 14 minute improvement from last year and 7 minutes from my last PR (Philly). Akron is the Best Marathon ever!! The hills were tough but I felt really good and it was a beautiful day. I've trained on the course every weekend through the summer but never ran the "hills" after already running 16 miles. I was able to maintain a 9:10 pace for the first sixteen and then dropped to 10:20 for the last ten.
Vince and his mom came out to cheer me on and she made a sign, see below. For those of you that don't know, that's a Polish flag with my name accross the white stripe. What a perfect surprise?? I loved it!

at mile 15.5
at mile 18.5

This guy at mile 18.5 juggling while running the entire marathon. Crazy!

No comments: